International Academy of Aviation and Space Medicine
Académie Internationale de Médecine Aéronautique et Spatiale
An individual should apply for membership to the Secretary General of the Academy. Each application must be accompanied by:
A certified copy or other evidence satisfactory to the Committee of Selectors that the applicant has duly met the requirements specified under the conditions of eligibility. These copies will consist of:
- A complete and current curriculum vitae
- A description of previous and present activities in aviation and/or space medicine, or related sciences
- A list of personal publications. The Committee of Selectors may request copies of publications, particularly those concerning aviation and/or space medicine
- A statement of practical flight experience, flight training, flying hours per year as aircrew (flying staff), passenger, etc.
- A statement of membership and status in medical and/or aeronautical societies
- A recent photograph of the candidate.
- Recommendations by two Academy Members
Written recommendations by two Academy Members, one of whom being preferably a Selector, and at least one of these members must have known the applicant personally for not less than three years and who can testify to his/her moral, ethical, and professional background, and the conditions of the practice of medicine and aviation and/or space medicine in the country where the applicant exercises his/her functions. These recommendations may also be supported by the appropriate senior officer of a medical school or other eminent personalities familiar with medical and aviation activities and the applicant's overall qualifications, or through the sponsorship of a national or regional aviation and/or space medical society. The Committee of Selectors may, at its discretion, consider such recommendations as satisfactory, or request further information considered desirable for the assessment of an applicant's eligibility for Regular Member or Associate Member status.